Sunday, April 20, 2008

More than just a dream...

It is a halo...

With not a whisper lost in the wind
Or a shadow bidding goodbye
Like the glowing aura of sunlight
Greeting a dreamy eye


It is a star...

Gazing at me with floods of light
That has to it no par
I wish 'pon it that we be
As one, though near or far


It is a sculpture...

Nesting itself within my soul
My life its ivory
I pose before my mind that sculpts
Figurines for me to see


It is a cloud...

Soft as if made of feathers
To cushion my weary head
With a smile dancing o'er my lips
I rise with no tear shed


It is a monk...

Seated in silence on my palm
Me under his scrutiny
He guides me through paths unknown
That'll make my destiny


It is an ocean...

With waves of chance and depths of hope
She lures me to her side
Lashes at me, and yet she seems
Tranquil at either tide


It is a bud...

Nourished with this yen for life
And a face without a scar
It blossoms when I want it to
Into the prettiest flower


It is an angel...

That like a moon on mid-summer's night
Is a bride hid in a veil
Who reigns the heart as emperor
And tells to me a tale

No comments: